Selling gold is an option for those who need money quickly or for those who tire of seeing old, unworn pieces of jewelry lying around. The price of gold always fluctuates and when you sell your gold you’re going to be offered a rate lower than what the pieces are valued at in order for the purchaser to make a profit. Despite this, selling gold items remains popular. There are many Chicago area gold buyers and if you want to sell your gold in Chicago, here’s how.
Check the value of gold.
- Before setting out to sell your gold, check a trusted online source to see what the market value of gold is for that day. Realize that you’re not going to get that price when selling your gold but it will give you some idea of its worth.
Find a reputable dealer.
- There are many companies that buy gold through the mail but these should be avoided as you have no control over the process. Instead, look in your local phone book yellow pages for a jewelry store, jewelry repair store or even pawn shop in your neighborhood. Chances are good that they’ll purchase your gold and at a much better rate if the transaction is in person. You can also find buyers who actually will come to your home, or you can even set up a local party with neighbors and friends. Then earn commissions from the party, as well as selling your gold.
Get a quotation.
- Take your gold to the dealer and let them look at it and weigh it. They may need to test for the quality of the gold. Ask them for a quotation in writing and be sure that the expiry date of the quotation is evident.
- Visit 1 or 2 other gold purchasers in your Chicago neighborhood and see if they will beat the quotation you received. Ask them for a written quotation with the expiry date clearly printed on it.
- Once you’ve visited 3 or 4 gold purchasers, look at which buyer offered you the most money for your gold. You should sell your gold to that person. Make sure they give you cash for your gold or a bank certified check or money order.
We buy gold in person in our Skokie store, Monday to Friday from 11am – 6pm Saturday 12-5. You can call to set up an appointment or walk in, calling is better sometimes. We buy all gold 10k, 12k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k gold and are also a refinery and we pass the savings to you. We buy all gold jewelry from jewelers, retailers, dentists, pawn shops and the public.
Selling gold and other precious metals in the Evanston area has never been easier, we have the best gold refinery in Chicago and always take pride in our services in offering highest cash prices for gold and other jewelry. Just come in and see what we are all about!
Now is never a better time to sell your gold for cash, gold has risen back up in price and now is a great time to cash in and sell your gold, we pay top prices and look forward to have you as a client. Please call today for a quote or to set up an appointment.
We also serve other wholesalers and retailers that buy gold and pawn gold in bulk, and when it is time to sell you can come to us and get the highest prices paid for your gold guaranteed.
So when you are looking for the best place to sell your jewelry to in the Chicago, you can count on Oakton Coins !
These days everybody is trying to get in on the We Buy Gold act. In Chicago gold buying has reached a fevered pitch with customers going from Chicago store to store looking for the best gold and diamond prices.
In Chicago, many customers have decided to get the very best gold and diamond prices, they travel from Chicago to Evanston and Oakton Coins & Collectibles, whose been buying gold and diamonds for over 40 years.
Here the Chicago customers are finding that there gold and diamonds and estate jewelry are bring equal to Wilmette prices and in most cases significantly more.
Chicago is a beautiful lake side community, but these days many shoppers are taking their gold, diamonds, estate jewelry to Oakton Coins & Collectibles, and Oakton Coins & Collectibles can pay top prices to Chicago customers because they refine the gold themselves and reuse it.
Next time your in Chicago with you gold, diamonds and estate jewelry, try going to Oakton Coins & Collectibles for best prices, we are just a few miles from Chicago, and your gold, diamonds and estate jewelry will bring so much more at Oakton than in Chicago because of our ability to refine the gold and silver.
Big money for your gold, silver, platinum at Oakton Coins & Collectibles……
Close to CTA yellow line!
Looking to sell gold or silver in Chicago or skokie.
Retail jewelers mark up diamond wedding rings by an average of 300% up to a unbelievable 1000%. The estimates on markups are broad, but most of the reliable sources we’ve seen indicate that 300% is the usual markup. Your acquaintance who says he bought a $10,000 ring for $1,000 might be on the level.